Friday, March 19, 2010

"I daresay it's a french mouse..."


My eloquent cousin Hope, [I say eloquent, because before this project, I never knew the word "fripperies" existed.. and I am a word girl!], recently got married to a fine young chap, Jonathan. As their wedding present, I told Hope I would create some art for their new place whence they were settled. In the meantime, Hope set up a little online business via etsy.com, and asked if I would design her character/logo for it as their wedding gift. Me? Draw a character?? You said the magic words :)

Her shop is called "The French Mouse", coined from a line in the original Alice in Wonderland. I love it. Above is the final character, whom we aptly named "Frenchie". Here's the rough sketch beside the final linework.


Check out Hope's etsy shop here!
And check out her words on welcoming Frenchie on her blog here :)

Here are some earlier concepts of Frenchie before she was finally realized. Yay for drawing mice in fancy dresses!



2 comments:

ALYSIA AVEY said...

oh man this is awesome!!! i looked at this earlier today but didnt have a chance to comment until now. I LOVE IT!! its soo cute and PINK! and i checked out the site too and it looks cool. this is just so exciting to go along with all your other little freelance characters you have done. great job stace!

Stacey Chomiak said...

Thanks Aleash!! I was really happy with how it all turned out, and I think Hope was really happy too, so double yay!