Thursday, October 21, 2010

The courage to love.


One of the true heroes of compassion and servitude for others, in my opinion, is Mother Teresa. I am continually inspired when I read quotes from her, and things about her life's work. So, naturally, it inspires me to paint! I have painted this quote once before for a friend, and recently I had a commission request for it again. I don't like doing the same painting twice, so I designed a new painting with this timeless quote:

"We should ask ourselves, 'Have I really experienced the joy of loving?' True love is love that causes us pain, that hurts, and yet brings us joy. That is why we must pray and ask for the courage to love." -Mother Teresa


The next time I paint, it will be in our new place in Vancouver!
Am I pumped? Yes indeedy, I sure am :)

No comments: