Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Oscar Sketchin'... Part One





Here's a few sketches from the Oscars this year. Who can resist all that great caffe sketching material, especially when it's on for 4 hours! [And I love every minute of it!]

My fav, fav, FAV, Jodie Foster, was presenting, and that made my evening. [Well, that and OBVIOUSLY Ellen hosting!] Oh, and well, the taco dip we had sure added to the delicious-ness of the evening :)

More sketching fun from the night of the Golden Statue....to come....

ps - Cars should have won!!!!!!
That's all for now.

4 comments:

Brad said...

Awesome! I really hope you did a Martin Scorcese one for part 2 (there HAS to be part 2, because there is no Ellen). That guy is made for sketching, with those big bushy eyebrows.

Who is the "Skinny!" one of?

Stacey Chomiak said...

Oh, do not fret. I shalt be including Marty and Ellen in the second batch.

I am also taking requests.....

The 'Skinny' one was of Portia de Rossi - although I first drew her more as a generic skinny celeb, not so much as herself, so I didn't label her.

Anonymous said...

Yay. What fun. I too was wondering where Ellen was! These are looking fab. I have never even heard of Portia whats-her-face.

Oh, and Steve Carrell - that's my request! You know how much I hate The Office. Riiiighhht...

Stacey Chomiak said...

Oh, good one! Steve Carrell. His nose is just WAITING to be caricatured!

Your wish is my command :)