Wednesday, July 4, 2007

'Inspire' a la acrylic on canvas


A couple weeks ago I was asked to show my paintings at my church... as an example of how every person is kind of like a painting. A bunch of colours all mixed together, making different blends – beautiful and ugly – and mixes and beauties... and how so many masterpieces [referring to an original DaVinci, not so much an original Chomiak!] become priceless, yet they are made of almost worthless materials.

Anyway, I was honored to be asked to show my paintings.
Better yet, I was inspired.

So I stopped all other misc jazz I was working on that day, went out to the summer kitchen [my painting haven!], and threw down these colours on a big canvas. It felt so liberating and free... and well, just plain fun! I hadn't done any abstract-type paintings, til I did a couple for a friend recently, and realized how much fun it is to paint without borders!

It thus was named 'inspire'.

I placed the word small in mid-right, and then partially on the bottom.



Who can live without the inspirato?
I know I can't.

4 comments:

Daphne Enns said...

Hmmmm, I like the second one. Very watery.

Lea said...

Ahh... the summer kitchen! Memories of such wonderful times spent out there. I like the painting Stace!

Stacey Chomiak said...

Thanks Gals!

Someone claimed it today... I hope it likes its' new home :)

Yuriy Sivers said...

Gj Stacey!
I'm very impressed!