Saturday, March 1, 2008

Herbert's Hijinks



So when I finished this on Thursday night, I realized that this is longer than my film needs to be next year! And I did this in a couple days. Yeesh.

Well, this idear was a collaboration between Tams and I - it's funny what comes to you when you are relaxing in a coffee shop! :) This is a short animation purely based on musical cues. No other audio. It was great fun to envision what each musical cue might do for the story beats.

I love this piece by Saint-Saens, entitled "Pianistes" [from the Carnival of Animals suite] - and to me, it sounded like it would be about a bird named Herbert.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

ALYSIA AVEY said...

LOVE IT!!!!! oh man it goes so well with the music stace! nice choice lol its so hilarious

Stacey Chomiak said...

Thanks Aleash! My fav was his angry stomp on the anvil :) I thought of that last minute

Brad said...

tres funny

Stacey Chomiak said...

tres gracias :)

Daphne Enns said...

I love the shape of your bird and he has fabulous expressions.

Love the photo-like anvil in contrast and how birdie stretches out to lift it.

You amaze me all of the time.

Stacey Chomiak said...

Thanks Daphers.... your comments make my week!

Miss you! [It feels like I have been away from home a loooong time.]