Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Tah-dah" 4th year film leica reel [v.3]

As our local animation legend Kaj Pindal put it yesterday in his lecture about leica reels: "They are a living organism, you should be always updating your leica, and always ready to show it!"

Kaj is one of those people that you never question, you just smile and nod! I always LOVE seeing him speak, he still has so much animation joy after so many years in the industry, it's very refreshing!

So, in the spirit of Kaj, I am posting my current leica reel for my 4th year film, as it stands today! It will continue to change, morph, grow....and hopefully will be something I can be very proud of come end of April 2009! Comments, crits, etc are always welcomed!



A special thanks to my rad composer out in LA, Corey Wallace, who scrambled to get me a scratch score in time for our big screening! Thanks again Corey!!

11 comments:

Tammy Chomiak-Robson said...

You should be proud of it already, its amazing. :)

Stacey Chomiak said...

Thanks Tams!! :)

Alex Chechik said...

That goddamn bee taught him to play the bass!

It's great work, Stacey. My only crit after seeing it would be to give the farmer more 'stage business' as opposed to staying still.

Good job!

Stacey Chomiak said...

Thanks for the feedback, Chechik! :) That's definitely something I'll work on when it comes to actually animating....but definitely something to keep in mind, thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy Guest said...

Wicked Stacers!

Very cool idea...I can't wait to see the final!

Stacey Chomiak said...

Thanks Tracers!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Aw, your video looks really cute so far! I like how the sound of the instrument changes from a cello, to a bass, to an entire orchestra; was that on purpose?

Stacey Chomiak said...

Thanks Tiff! Yah I wanted the music to sort of keep building to the end. It will sound a bit different in the final, but this is an awesome starting point! :)

Cody said...

It looks awesome! But where is Biggles?

Stacey Chomiak said...

LOL don't worry, you will see Biggles when you least expect to :)