Monday, January 15, 2007

Sheepers Keepers Leica Reel

For storyboarding last term, we had to come up with our own stories, involving a human character, a beaked character and a muzzle character. It had to be about one minute [if fully animated], but have a complete short story involving the characters. Uh huh, it wasn't easy! My story changed so many times since the beginning...yeesh.

I decided to take a leap of faith and do all my storyboard panels digitally with my newly purchased version of Sketchbook. Oh MAN do I love that program! But drawing solely on a tablet, and drawing on paper were TOTALLY different. Plus with the crunch time I was gonna make it reeeeeeaaaally tough on myself if the digital panels didn't work out.

In the end, I was satisfied with the result. Sure, I lost all use of my hand due to severe cramping - but isn't what this degree is all about??? :)

I then put the panels to a leica reel [timed them all out as if they were animated], added dialogue, music, sound fx, and some sweet foley, done by my friend and yours, Tammy Robson. Props to Tams, esp on the wolf-hit sound - classic!

The story involves one precocious young girl named Emily, her not-so-brave bird-friend Pinky, and their soon-to-be friend, Leonard the Sheep. Oh, and there's also a mean wolf thrown into the mix. He wasn't given a name. Well, okay, "Mean Wolf".

This is their story.

No comments: